Before submitting an IRB application, all researchers must complete online training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) program. Please plan ahead when completing CITI training.
Dissertation Committee Chairs and faculty/staff researchers at Heritage University are required to obtain and hold current CITI certification at all times.
Please follow the instructions below to meet this requirement. If you experience technical issues with the CITI site, please contact CITI directly.
The current requirement for CITI training is the Social & Behavioral Educational (SBE) course.
How do I Register for a CITI Program Account?
Below are the instructions for registering CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative) for human subjects research training.
If you do not currently have a CITI account, follow these instructions:
- Go to the CITI registration page for new users
- Enter Heritage University as your Organization Affiliation
- Enter all relevant information in the fields, then follow the prompts
- Finally, select the courses that are applicable, then select Finalize Registration
How do I affiliate my existing CITI account with Heritage University?
If you already have a CITI account, follow these instructions to affiliate with Heritage University:
- Login to CITI
- Below where it states: Welcome, your name, select Add Institutional Affiliation
- Enter in Heritage University
- Agree & Confirm, then Complete and Finalize the registration
How do I add a new CITI course to my account?
All Heritage University student and faculty researchers are required to complete the CITI course titled “Social & Behavioral Educational (SBE).” To find this course, follow these instructions:
- Login to CITI
- Under Institutional Affiliation, next to “Heritage University,” select View Courses
- Scroll down to Learner Tools for Heritage University and select Add a Course
- The questions for course enrollment will then be displayed